Personal injury cases take a variety of forms. Here is one typical scenario: You have been injured by someone’s bad choices. Now what? You did not want to be injured. You have to decide to hire a lawyer. You want to find someone knowledgeable and someone you trust. How much will a lawyer help? Can I do this on my own? These and many other questions go through your head.
Even though you did not cause the accident or want to be injured, in filing a personal injury claim North Carolina Law says the burden of proof is on you. That means that it is up to you to show exactly what caused your accident, how it should have been prevented, the extent and effect of your injuries, and identify all the economic consequences. Presenting an organized claim is essential to your success. An attorney experienced in handling claims can help you present an organized claim.
An organized claim will:
- Identify the elements of negligence and breaches in the standards of care acquired;
- Clearly identify the areas of harm;
- Identify the full consequences of the injuries;
- Will argue your case to the adjustor based on the law that allows you to receive full and fair recovery.
The attorneys at Fisher Stark, P.A. have more than sixty (60) years of experience in handling personal injury claims and clients throughout North Carolina. We know how to stand up to insurance companies and make a strong argument for your cause. We know the evidence you need to present to support your case. We understand that presenting it a most effective means possible maximizes your potential recovery both in and out of Court.
When you come to our office we will:
- Listen to you;
- Explain the process of presenting a claim;
- Establish goals for our representation;
- Seek to gain a clear understanding of your situation.
We will then begin our representation of you by:
- Gathering police and accident reports;
- Obtaining the required medical documentation of your injuries;
- Consult with experts regarding any issues of negligence or financial harms to better understand the specifics of your situation.
Once we obtain the evidence in your matter, we will begin building your claim.
Our thorough approach helps us obtain the maximum results for our clients.
Do not wait to file a claim.
It is important that personal injury and wrongful death claims be assembled and filed relatively soon after the crash or incident has occurred in order to preserve as much evidence as possible. Although many claims may be filed two or three years after an accident, it is preferable and wisest for you to speak to a lawyer within thirty (30) days. This allows us as your lawyer to talk to witnesses and begin collecting evidence to support and strengthen your case.
If you have questions about your case and would like to speak with an attorney, please call the attorneys at Fisher Stark, P.A.
Last updated 7/5/2015