Personal Injury Attorneys in Asheville, NC
Hiring a personal injury attorney is a very important decision, and certainly one that should not be taken lightly. If you or a loved one has been harmed as the result of injury, accident or malpractice, then you will want to hire a personal injury attorney who can maximize your compensation from any settlement or verdict. This means hiring a trusted law firm with plenty of experience navigating the court system. In Asheville, North Carolina the personal injury attorney firm with real experience and a trusted reputation is Fisher Stark, P.A.
How Fisher Stark can help:
There are several things to keep in mind anytime you are thinking about hiring a personal injury attorney in western North Carolina. One of these, of course, is the ability to maximize any compensation from a verdict or settlement. In any personal injury settlement or verdict, it is the at-fault party’s insurance company that must pay, therefore, it is the responsibility of any law firm to deal directly with the insurance company in order to maximize any compensation. The reality is that reputation matters very much in these instances – if an insurance company knows that it is dealing with a trusted, well-regarded law firm that actually tries their cases like Fisher Stark, it will have every incentive to offer a large settlement in order to avoid a case going to court.
Settlements though, are just one part of the puzzle. There are other things to keep in mind as well such as getting help with your medical bills, dealing with the demands of insurance companies, liens on any money you may recover and organizing all your records and evidence should the case go to court. These are all areas where Fisher Stark can provide enormous value to you as a client. Our lawyers have over 40 years of combined trial experience, including more than 1,000 jury and non-jury trials.
Types of cases that we handle:
Unlike other law firms that handle all types of matters. , Fisher Stark focuses on helping injured people. Our focus solely on helping the injured allows our clients to benefit from this approach. Our lawyers can provide help for just about any type of case in which you have sustained harm or injury. Here is just a representative list of the types of cases that we handle:
- Auto and trucking accidents
- Back injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Slip and falls
- Assault and battery
- Wrongful death
- Construction site injuries
- Neck injuries
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Catastrophic injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Electrical injuries
- Burn injuries
- Product liability
- Injuries caused by impaired persons
- Car crash injuries
- Dangerous dogs
- Airplane injuries
- Defective products
- Defamation, libel and other intentional torts
- Injuries from chemical exposure/ battery defects
As you can see, Fisher Stark is a trusted Asheville personal injury law firm with plenty of experience handling a wide variety of cases.
Questions to ask before hiring Fisher Stark:
Heading into any personal injury case, there are probably countless questions on your mind. Our job at Fisher Stark is to make each case as easy as possible for you and your loved ones. We recognize that you are experiencing a very difficult period in your life. Here are some frequently asked questions:
- How much will it cost? In North Carolina, personal injury attorneys are typically paid on a contingency basis. This means that you will not pay anything out of your own pocket. Instead, Fisher Stark will only get paid in the event of a successful settlement or verdict. The typical contingent fee for a personal injury case is anywhere from 33% to 40%.
- Should I wait to hire an attorney until I am better? The longer that you wait; the more likely that important evidence will be lost. Remember, while you are unrepresented, a multi-million dollar insurance company is using its resources to avoid paying you fairly. Hire an attorney to focus on the financial aspects of the case while you focus on the most important part- your health and well-being.
- What type of experience do you have? Our lawyers at Fisher Stark have over 40 years of combined trial experience, handling virtually every type of personal injury court case. Moreover, we have helped clients outside of Asheville, North Carolina. We have successfully handled cases throughout the country and all across North Carolina.
- How long does a typical case take to resolve? The good news is that once a lawsuit heads to trial, a final verdict happens relatively quickly. However, keep in mind that the North Carolina court system proceeds at different speeds depending on the number of cases for trial in that county. Our experience is that it typically takes a case between 12-18 months between the time of filing a case through the time that attorneys for Fisher Stark appear at trial in front of a jury for you.
- How often do cases actually go to court? This is one variable that is highly dependent on the type of law firm that you hire. If insurance companies think that they have a valid case, then they may be willing to risk a court verdict. However, if they know that they will be facing a law firm like Fisher Stark in the courts, they will generally attempt to avoid that and offer a cash settlement. Once a settlement offer is made, you decide if it is acceptable. Until you accept the offer, the attorneys at Fisher Stark P.A. will be preparing your case for trial. Thus, while Fisher Stark is ready and able to argue your case in front of a trial jury, in many cases, it is possible to reach a cash settlement in advance of trial.
- What types of services does Fisher Stark provide? You can think of Fisher Stark, P.A. as a full-service Asheville personal injury law firm. We do more than just navigate the court system for you and argue cases in front of judges and juries. We also help you gather important medical and insurance records, negotiate on your behalf with insurance companies, work to resolve outstanding medical liens, and devote our efforts to obtaining the highest possible compensation for you.
- What type of background and experience do you have? Fisher Stark P.A. holds the highest AV rating from Martindale-Hubble, the preeminent lawyer rating system in the country. In addition, both Brad Stark and Perry Fisher have individual AV ratings. Both Perry Fisher and Brad Stark have extensive service to the Asheville legal community including both serving as president of the local bar Our firm is a member of the American Association for Justice, the North Carolina Association of Trial Attorneys and the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Moreover, we back up our reputation with a first-rate track record of successfully winning court cases.
In short, you should feel that you are in very good hands when you hire Fisher Stark, P.A. as your personal injury attorneys. We will work hard for you to win a successful settlement or verdict. In doing so, we are not just helping you – we are also helping the community of Asheville, North Carolina. Justice must prevail, and society must hold everyone accountable for their decisions that harm others. By helping you with your court case, we are helping to make a just society where the rights of every citizen are respected and valued.
It’s easy to set up a free initial consultation today. Just call the following number to speak with the attorneys at Fisher Stark: 1-828-505-4300.